We've been breaking the glass ceiling since 1992.
- Helped Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren win her upset victory in the June 1994 primary.
- Vetted and supported numerous pro-choice, progressive city council, county supervisor, and school board
candidates, as well as candidates for state and federal office, for election.
- Provided thousands of dollars in support to women Democrats running for office, and to support or oppose
local and state measures which disproportionately affect women.
- Held various forums on local candidates, the Women’s Caucus, choice, NAFTA, the politics of breast cancer,
understanding the Democratic Party, the war in Bosnia, economics & elections analysis.
policies & actions
- Organized hundreds of women activists before and after the Women's March to resist harmful policies set forth by the Trump Administration.
- Played a key role in organizing the pro-choice defense of medical facilities during Operation Rescue’s
summer offensive in San Jose.
- Worked with the victim, and other local groups to lobby the Santa Clara County District Attorney to reconsider
her decision not to prosecute in the 2007 De Anza Rape Case
- Partnered with Planned Parenthood to defeat 3 anti-choice initiatives placed on the ballot in 5 years.
- In 2008, endorsed and supported the first viable woman Presidential candidate -- Hillary Clinton
- Since 2008 we have sponsored Emerge California candidates from Santa Clara County; a program that
focuses on training strong, Democratic, pro-choice women to run for office.